imagining the fullness of yourself
O, Human Soul, Know Thyself!
Learning to know and love yourself as a unique and free human being is probably the greatest challenge of your life. Yet, without self-imagination there will be no peace on Earth or in your soul, no love in the World or in your heart, no courage in the Cosmos or in your deeds. You don’t want to run from this challenge. You want to meet it courageously and compassionately. You want to know yourself.
Is this a demand you hear, a longing you feel, or an invitation from the gods that lives deep within you? When you journal, when you lie awake in the middle of the night, when you delight in a garden, hear music, worry about money, fight with your partner, question your work in the world, pray, freak out about global warming, think about death, do you wonder who you are, why you exist, what’s it all about?
The biggest challenge with knowing yourself is the vast labyrnthine complexity of being human and the wildly mysterious configuration that makes you an individual. Where do you begin?
What if there was a guide to knowing yourself based on the archetype of human being? What if you knew there were ten core images of self you could imagine that would provide not just a knowledge of self, but a creative and wise relationship to yourself? It would still be hard work but you would have the map to the treasure of selfhood. You would have a mirror that reflects your unique images in all their beauty. You would have methods for the exploration and discovery of your core images of self.
Core Imaginations is this invaluable guide!
Your CORE Self
Core is the central and most important part of something. It is the strength, the grace, the wisdom of the inmost being.
When you possess the ten Core Imaginations of yourself, you have a core sense of self that is resilient, radiant and resourceful. You resonate with self-realized spiritual, moral and practical meaning, significance, and purpose in this lifetime. No matter how ruffled, weary, or uncertain you experience the surface of your life, your core remains ordered, strong and confident.
Through the Core Imaginations Curriculum, you come to know the archetypal parts of the human being and discover the GPS for finding your own unique individuality. You develop the capacity to observe yourself and see your life as a mirror reflecting the light of your own self. You master creative and compassionate methods for unfolding a powerful, loving, and healthy self every day of the rest of your life.
Through Core Imaginations you learn:
- To observe yourself free of doubt, fear, and contempt (or their opposites: arrogance, fascination and inflation.)
- To observe yourself with compassion, courage, and clarity and lots of good humor.
- To recognize there is no fixed picture of yourself…you are always changing and your relationship to yourself is always changing…this is a balancing act
- To release the inner judge and inner perfectionist and awaken the inner observer and the inner evolver.
- To calmly celebrate all the complex, perfectly imperfect realities of Selfhood.
- To forgive yourself, your parents, and all other perceived villains in your stories.
- To awaken the capacity to love others as you love yourself…no romance here.
- To feel safe being yourself in any context allowing you to be full of grace. (Ah, what is grace, you ask.)
The Ten Core Imaginations of Self
Your Image of Self in each of the Four Realms of Existence:
1. As a Physical Self in Dimensions of Space,
2. As a Living Self in the Flow of Time,
3. As a Conscious Self in the Possibilities of Relativity,
4. As a Divine Self in the Absolute
Your Image of Self in the Three Activities of Consciousness:
5. As a Feeling Self with a desire to seek the expanse of Beauty
6. As a Willing Self with a desire to act in the depths of Goodness.
7. As a Thinking Self with a desire to know the heights of Truth
8. Your Image of Self as a Personality shaped by the Four Temperaments
9. Your Image of Self as a Perceiving Being experiencing yourself, the world, and others through the Twelve Senses
10. Your Image of Self as a Processing Being engaging with life through the Seven Life Processes
In knowing ourselves to be unique in our personal combination— that is, ultimately limited — we possess a capacity for becoming conscious of the infinite. But, only then!
CG Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Benefits of Imagining from Me to I
The five courses in the Core Imaginations Curriculum provide a solid and creative foundation for the imagining of self. Strong frameworks and clear focus are offered for every experience and perception of self. Without knowledge of all the elements, forms and functions of being human, it remains impossible to truly find, know, and become yourself as a unique and individual expression of being human.
Zoom Out … Zoom In
In many ways, through the Core Imaginations Curriculum, we will be seeing ourselves from a brand new perspective similar to the first spaceshots of Earth. We will be seeing the whole self from a comprehensive perspective of the whole human being, not just the superficial one-sided, limited ones we have had most of our lives.
The Core Imaginations Curriculum prepares you for the spaceshot that will allow you to see yourself as the Image of I. It provides the understanding that gives you the macro image of the whole human being. It is a zooming out!
But the Core Imaginations Curriculum also provides the understanding that allows you to zoom in! You can do the micro-imaging that reveals the subtle gestures living in your OWN image of I.
This micro-macro imaging of your own offers the way to see both your karma and your destiny. You can see your unique truth, beauty, and goodness against the background of universal Truth, Beauty, and Goodness. It all makes sense and takes away the painful restrictions and judgments of your doubts, illusions, and distortions.
An image of I brought into focus through the Core Imaginations Curriculum is both universal and unique. It sets you free from the imposed images, the cookie cutter, the paint-by-numbers, and the hand-me-downs. I becomes the image of Freedom.
With the micro-macro image, you find the ability not only to imagine yourself, but also the ability to unconditionally imagine another human being, your friend, your lover, your child, your parent, your colleague, your enemy. I becomes the image of Love.
Without the active creative presence of self-freedom and self-love, there is no image of I…no freedom and no love. Self becomes self-imprisonment instead of freedom and self-projection instead of love.
Full of Wisdom…The Macro Benefits
The over-arching benefit of the Core Imaginations Curriculum and all the other Imagine Self curriculums is fourfold: You will develop
- a growing wisdom regarding being human;
- an elegant capacity to wonder at the evolving meaning, significance, and purpose of your own, personal, profoundly intimate experience of “I Am;”
- a real compassion for the rest of humanity, especially those you interact with all the time; and
- a real understanding of the way the world works and needs to evolve to create a livable future
Full of Wonder…The Micro-Benefits
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” Socrates. You will learn to micro-wonder. Our work of imagining self is not just asking the macro questions that appear in existential doubt such as “Who am I?” Or “Why am I here?” We must ask the micro-questions that begin in intimate wondering such as “Why did I have such a melancholic reaction to this event?” and “Why could I not see that before?” “Is that what I meant?” “What was the gift of this painful relationship?”
Through wondering and zooming in on the micro-questions you will find surprising and original insights and stimulating understandings about yourself and others.
- You will discover the place in your soul where there dwells a living peace that is beyond desire, longing, anxiety, depression, mania, abandonment and the other inner dilemmas and demons. You won’t always be there, but you will know where the there is.
- You will come to belong to your yourself in a way that you could never belong to any group or any relationship. Imagine the confident joy of conscious solitude.
- You will relax into the ground of your being and into the heights of your potential. Yes, relax!
- You will celebrate and feel awe in the crystalizing and flowing moments of self-knowledge.
- Your choices, moods, and intentions will be rooted in a solid, stable, vibrant and growing sense of I.
- You will be less reactive and more responsive.
- You will see your limitations and your differences as your gifts of originality and uniqueness allowing you to do what only YOU can do.
- You will be able to forgive and reconcile with failure, hurt, bad luck, unrealized dreams, even betrayal. Not as a sudden arrival of a certain blessed state – but as the recognition that the challenge was an essential event needed to painfully birth a new aspect of yourself. You will know how to discover what it was given for.
- When a new question arises in your soul, you will know where to look, how to come to a new insight or understanding. You will actually love the challenge of the question.
- You will develop a mastery of self-knowing and have a growing command of your life.
- You will feel authority and meaning in your thinking, authenticity and significance in your feeling, and self-agency and purpose in your initiative. This is the awakening and establishing of true compassionate autonomy.
- Your laughter will be deep and your tears will be cleansing.
- You will engage with a conscious community that celebrates inclusivity, differences, individuality and originality, not one that rigidly defends conformity, sameness, identity, and exclusivity.
from a beginning Core Imaginations participant…
Why take the course: I sometimes feel as though I do not merit the grace I have been given. And I so swing between having so much love for life and living, and then losing my joie de vivre, staying under cover, huddled in the dark. I also struggle with questions on purpose and meaning, and often wonder if I am truly becoming more and more myself, or if I am just living someone else’s notion of life. Most of all, I want a discovery of the self, I want to meet myself, beholding myself, and then love all the bits of me.
from a a participant more than halfway through the curriculum…
The benefits of Core Imaginations have been immediate, like a flight of birds all rising at once, where my heart has been lifted with the recognition of beauty and freedom. And the benefits have also been tectonic: deep inner shifts, some of which manifest on the surface with the tiniest of ripples and shimmers, and others that erupt and forever alter a familiar landscape. I will not lie–this work takes courage. But it is all done in a context of such compassion, with reverence and awe, with grace and humor, that somehow, doing the work creates its own courage. Core Imaginations is infinitely risky and radically safe.
“I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: ‘Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.’”
The 5 Courses & the Images of Self
In the Four
Realms of Existence
Who are you as a presence or being in space, time, relativity and the absolute? We will deconstruct the human being’s fourfold existence in such a way that you will begin to understand the frameworks of being you.
- Your Physical Image and the Realm of Space
- Your Etheric Image and the Realm of Time
- Your I Am and The Absolute
- Your Astral Image and the Realm of Relativity
In the Three Activities of
Who are you as a thinker, a feeler, a doer?
In this course we go on a creative and deep journey into the mysteries of personal consciousness and distinguish the three activities of thinking, feeling and willing. Once we have really understood these functions from multiple perspectives, our inner life will be more fluid, integrated and creative.
- Your Feeling Self and Your Desire for Beauty
- Your Willing Self and Your Desire for Goodness
- Your Thinking Self and Your Desire for Truth
Shaped by the
On so many levels, knowledge of the temperaments supports amazing self-mastery and social ease. The temperaments shape how we interact, react, act, and attract in all areas of our lives. What is the mix of temperaments living in you? How can you find the ability to balance and utilize all four temperaments…even your missing temperament?
- Introduction to the Temperaments and Your Self
- Your Temperamental Physical & Etheric Realities
- Your Temperamental Thinking, Feeling & Willing
- Living with Your Temperaments
- Wild and Wonderful Temperamental Insights
Perceiving through the
Our senses shape how we perceive ourselves, the world, and other human beings. Which of your twelve senses are clear, awake and strong? Which are foggy, groggy, and weak? How do you discern what makes good sense and what makes nonsense of how you perceive the objects of your perception?
- Introduction to Your Twelve Senses
- Your Perceptions of Touch & Well-Being
- Your Perceptions of Self-Movement & Balance
- Your Perceptions of Smell & Taste
- Your Perceptions of Vision & Warmth
- Your Perceptions of Hearing & Language
- Your Perceptions of Thought & the Other’s Ego
- Wild & Wonderful Insights on the Senses
Engaging through the
Seven Life Processes
Our life processes, such as respiration and digestion, impact our soul life and shape how we learn, embrace, change and create all things. Which processes are robust, regulated and enriching in the life of your soul? Which processes are weak, unregulated and undermining your vitality? How can you create well-being in all processes?
- Introduction the the Processes and Your Self
- Your Breathing & Warming Processes
- Your Nourishing & Secreting Processes
- Your Maintaining & Growing Processes
- Your Reproducing Processes
- Wild & wonderful insights about your life processes.
Complete Core Imaginations Curriculum
To see a syllabus of the courses here is a pdf you can download. If you have any questions about the curriculum, please email Lynn at imagineself dot com. She welcomes the opportunity to help you decide if this Curriculum is right for you at this time in your life.
How It Happens &
Other Essential Information
The Course Info
- Offered Online: Imagine Self Academy is the online learning platform for the Core Imaginations Curriculum. The tech skills needed are minimal, everything happens with a simple click.
- Rich Content: The Five Courses of Core Imaginations consist of 44 Downloadable Audio Lessons (from 10 − 60 minutes long) with lots of supplemental material.
- Live with Lynn: Approximately every other week I will be available in a live webinar for Q & A and the sharing of experiences. It is also when I hope you will share some real-life events so we can see how having these ten core imaginations brings harmony and insight to our daily lives. These webinars are recorded and can be downloaded. Lynn is also available for consultation at additional cost.
- For Life: The course content is yours for your lifetime. I am always adding additional audio content and enriching essays, so the course is living and growing and you will always have access to the new content and the discussions.
- The Learning Platform: Imagine Self Academy is hosted by Ruzuku.com, one of the top online learning platforms. Their support is the best: prompt, clear, patient. I love them! They will help you with any tech issues.
Time & Money
- When: You can begin at any time. Just register and your course begins. A new lesson is available each week. You will receive a notification for each lesson.
- Amount of Your Time: You will want to commit to 2-3.5 hours of focused attention each week for working with this material. 3.5 hours is 2% of your week (one week = 168 hours)! However, since the content is always available to you, you cannot fall behind or miss anything.
- Amount of Your Money: The cost for the full curriculum, all the materials, and live Q&A sessions with Lynn is $477 or 12 monthly payments of $47. Some scholarship is available: contact Lynn about your needs.
Working with Others
- Forum: There is an optional discussion forum where you can post your responses to the writing/contemplating prompts that come with each lesson. This is where you can read and respond to the other participants.
- Small Group Work: If you would like to work with a small group, I can arrange to connect you with 1-3 other participants. You can set up weekly group calls for sharing, questioning, listening, laughing. I really recommend you do this.
- Anonymity & Privacy: Of course, you can use a pseudonym when you register or just choose not to post on the forum.
Core Imaginations is a mysterious and moral opportunity to build your living core, your holy of holies.
If you do the hard work of finding, knowing & becoming yourself, it becomes easy to be yourself!
Enroll in Core Imaginations Now!
Why wait? The sooner you have your own Core Imaginations,
the sooner you contribute your truth, your beauty, your goodness to the future with love and in freedom.
If you prefer to pay by check, please email Lynn at imagineself dot com.
I’ve been designing and offering courses to support self-awareness and inner development for over half my adult life.
Everyday I do this work of imagining self in myself for myself. It’s never easy. It is always rewarding. I walk this path in my sunshine, my rain, and my dark, dark nights.
I don’t believe in seeking a perfect self in a perfect world. I believe in being an evolving self in an evolving world.
So I research the path of self-imagining, develop courses, write my blogposts, work individually with clients and wonder at all the complex mysteries of being human and the maps for self-organizing, the mirrors for self-reflecting, and the methods for self-unfolding.
I have been deeply inspired by Rudolf Steiner and my work on all levels celebrates both spirit and matter.
My greatest personal joys are my grandchildren.
If you want to know anything about me, just ask.
Praise for Core Imaginations and Lynn’s Approach
It makes my heart sing to receive and share these testimonials and endorsements. I do hope you will enroll in Core Imaginations and find similar experience.
If are yearning to know yourself in a deeper, more meaningful way, work with Lynn Jericho.
She is helping me create an imagination of who I am becoming. This means I have a living context that is wide enough to allow me to include and transcend. I find more freedom every time I am willing to explore beyond where I’ve been before, and at the same time include all that I have been in the past.
If you have the courage to dive deeply into the experiences that Lynn offers, you will discover what it really means to be a human being.
Working through Core Imaginations has provided challenge and illumination. Often, a tidbit from a lesson becomes food for thought over many months. I return to the material frequently, building and rebuilding the layers of imagination and self-understanding. Lynn offers a wealth of wisdom, humor, depth, and levity.
From the beginning of experiencing your work, I have been and continue to be, astounded by your ability to organize this spiritual content with inner process.
I have deep appreciation of your intuition and your insights into Anthroposophy, in particular, the wisdom you bring, transforming Spiritual Science into a modern and relevant soul quest.
Martin Fisher PhD
The inner journey…many ways to travel…and here is one exceptional approach, with an exceptional guide Lynn Jericho.
Lynn has a unique combination of talents. She is aware of the spiritual world and the soul needs of our times. Her insights have been particularly helpful to me and many others because of this.
I deeply appreciate Lynn’s classes because she helps me to devote part of my daily life in becoming more aware of how I am evolving. She presents lectures, reading material and assignments that resonate with my being connected to what I call: the ‘Humanity Among Us’ in the Light of Good Deeds. The added blogging aspect of the class provides me with discipline in journaling. I may share only a sampling of my written ideas, but also through that blog, I known there is another community (who are around the world/country) who are searching, like myself, with Lynn and their thoughts are supporting or expanding what is living in this class’s process. Lynn’s CI Classes and Festival Lessons help support studies in my weekly Steiner Study Circle and other Spiritual Endeavors .
Core Imaginations for me provides that extra insight in taking an in-depth look at my history in the making. Lynn has a clear perception and understanding of seeing the possibility of directing the focus of attention. Some of the focus has given me days of reflection without self judgment, guilt or shame.